Rope SR400 Clay SR402


How much will it cost? help

For an indicative broadloom product quote, enter your required length here, choose from the product width options and you will get an instant recommended retail price (inclusive of VAT) for your project.

width 4m
backing Latex
fibre 75% Sisal 25% Wool
Suitability Heavy Domestic, Stairs, Rugs
Create your bespoke rug Rug Builder


Chalk SR401
Clay SR402
Coal SR403
Rope SR400

The rock sits, defining the landscape, unbreakable and full of colour. Our Rock carpet collection features a colour scheme plucked straight from the rural environment, including the choice of 4 different shades. The dark shades of coal, to the lighter, brighter shades of chalk, reminiscent of a long foreboding chalk-cliff silently watching over the sea.

Rock has a chunky weave, similar to a ‘big boucle’, of sisal and wool, introducing the word Sisool, and this weave combines matte tones with eye-catching metallics. Being made from 75% sisal, the Rock collection provides texture underfoot, and with it being a species of flowering plant yielding a stiff fibre used in making rope and various other products, it is known for being tough. Wool makes up the remaining 25% of the carpet, known for its hard-wearing properties, sustainability and excellent insulation.

From the calming beige tones of Clay, like the peace of a river bed, to the deeper brown tones of Rope, our Rock collection perfectly encapsulates the landscapes of which Rock has comendeered since the beginning of time.



Rock is suitable for installation in a bedroom, dining room, living room, hallway and on stairs.

The pile content of Rock is 75% Sisal and 25% Wool.

The total pile weight of this carpet is 1825g/m2.

Rock has a total height of 7.8mm.

The tog rating for Rock carpet is 1.3

Our Stain Removal and Cleaning Set is formulated specifically for natural fibres and includes a cleaning solution for all-over cleaning and a spot cleaner for specific spills. Also included are a brush and cloth to apply the solutions. We would suggest a good quality suction vacuum cleaner – needs to have a high level of suction to work into the base of the products and remove any dust or dirt.  Avoid using devices with rotating beater bars / brushes as this can damage the surface of the pile.

As a rule of thumb the combined tog rating of the underlay and carpet should be no more than 2.5 Togs. Tog ratings are important as the UFH needs to be able to radiate the heat through the flooring covering. Consider an underlay with no more than 0.8 togs to allow the heat to transfer from the subfloor with ease. This allows you to focus on the carpet providing comfort and style to your home. 

Yes, Rock has been treated with moth repellent treatment.

There is an option to add Intec stain protection onto your order. Intec is a water based formula which can be applied to your carpet or rug before dispatch. It forms an invisible shield around every fibre which resists the absorption of stains and dirt, helping to prolong the life of your Crucial Trading product. Intec is environmentally friendly and will not alter the colour or texture of your floorcovering.

We would recommend always using an underlay, for added comfort underfoot and longevity.                                                Vital Combination Underlay is made from 100% recycled wool and jute felt with a backing of recycled vehicle tyres. With a thickness of 11mm it is suitable for all areas of the home and features good sound and thermal insulation, perfect for domestic wool floorcoverings.

Vital Double Stick Underlay is suited to wool, sisool, sisal, jute, coir and seagrass products and offers superior, long-lasting performance with added recovery from indentations. Available in 6.5mm or 9mm thickness for higher traffic areas in both residential and commercial installations.

A huge part of the appeal of our natural floorcoverings is more than just their inspirational aesthetic. To appreciate their tactile quality, you really need to see them up close. You can order up to five free samples of our carpets and rug borders, so you can be sure your selection is both the perfect feel and colour.

Yes. All of our products are available as wall to wall broadloom carpet and to be made into a bespoke rug or runner.

Rugs and runners can be finished with single or double borders, with or without piping. The standard amount of border showing on the rug surface for a single border type is approximately 55mm. If your chosen design has a double border, for example a Cotton Chenille Inner and Linen Boucle Outer, the joint border width will be approximately 110mm. We can offer a 30mm and 80mm border options, please discuss this further with your retailer.